Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Coddle

Coddle has two prominent meanings. Each meaning is very different from the other. I never really knew what the word truly meant until I just looked it up right now. I had always thought that it meant to rock something back and forth. In a way I was correct, but not 100%.



Coddle: To treat tenderly; nurse or tend indulgently; pamper: to coddle children when they're sick.



Coddle: To cook (eggs, fruit, etc.) in water that is just below the boiling point; cook gently.



Both forms of coddling are quite appealing... although as much as I love to eat I think I like the second meaning best...





CODDLE 

3 comments:

  1. I just learned a new word.I only knew about cuddle not coddle.

    haha, thanks for the info...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should coddle your children, but never coddle them, 'cause that would be horribly wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Flip... very clever play on words...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...