Friday, March 25, 2011

LOVE

When I started this blog I told myself I would not do a topic on the word love. Well guess what I am doing a topic on the word LOVE.



In this post there won't be any dictionary definitions of the word. Instead I will talk about what love is to me.

There are so many facets in this thing called love. It contains bits and pieces of happiness, anger, joy, confusion, delight and pretty much any emotion and feeling that exists. It's something different for each person.

I've heard the saying that love means never having to say you're sorry. I've thought about that saying and I do understand the idea behind this thought, but I don't completely agree with it. In my mind love is being able to say you're sorry. Let's face it us humans just are not perfect. Along the way, in most relationships, we end up doing or saying something that hurts the other person or people. Whether it be a significant other, a family member or friend - it's a part of life we tend to hurt each other. It always take courage to step forward and acknowledge your actions and apologize. Clearing the air with that other person is important in growing with that person or group of people. It's also important in our own sense of growing up. Fortunately the turbulence of relationships, for the most part, is a small part of the big picture.

I feel fortunate to have those loved ones in my life. They mean so much to me. It's that love that powers me and keeps me running. Love is my own personal solar panel. I love my family for their support through anything and everything. We've had our moments but when it comes down to it my family is always there. My friends are great. It's my friends that keep me happy. They make me laugh. With my friends it's all about having good times and good conversation.

There is one thing I know for sure in my life is that no matter what my love can never be taken away from me. The love that is in me is there to stay. I will never let that love go. I simply love myself to much to ever let go of love. Deep with in my own circle of existence I will always love myself through and through. I don't love myself before or above any other person, spirit or being - but I do love myself.

That my friends is my LOVE

Here are a few videos on LOVE

The Beatles - Love To You

Roxy Music - Love Is The Drug (1975)

Maximo Park - Like I Love You

Bjork - All Is Full Of Love

Led Zeppelin - All My Love (1979)


LOVE

2 comments:

  1. Ooohh, I really enjoyed this approach to your word posts. :3 A great read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice post :) I like your blog because of words you choose to blog about.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...